Tuesday, July 15, 2008

3 days, 3 countries

Just came back to Tokyo yesterday. Tsukareta... Went for a business trip to Singapore, Bintan and Johor Bahru. Yea, visited 3 countries in 3 days. I think Singapore is one of those few places around the region that you can actually accomplish this kinda feat? My Japanese colleagues were commenting about how they had to fill in the Singapore ED card TRICE for this trip. Haha. I'm so glad i'm a Singaporean. Hassle-free at Changi Airport (it's homecoming afterall), visa-free to Bintan (saved the US10 bucks) and a breeze through the JB customs (guess they are tired of the hordes of Singaporeans). I ought to try and claim back the visa fees that i helped my company save with my red passport. Though I still wonder why the Malaysian authorities let their citizens pass thru the Malaysian customs just flashing their passports. So technically, the country does not keep track and is unable to trace whether any particular citizen is in Singapore or Malaysia?? Sasuga Malaysia...

Anyway, everywhere was so hot this time, just like Tokyo now. Gosh... i was piling on the sunblock, but i think i still got dark. =( And my colleagues were saying how my hair colour seemed to have gotten lighter. Aiyo... bleached by UV?? *shrieks* Got a chance to visit a Malay Kampung and they made me don a Baju Kurung, complete with the tudung. My colleagues were saying "全然違和感ない". Erm... i dunno if i should be pleased. I just went around going "Minah desu". LOL.

Had only 1.5 days, or rather, 1.3333 days of free time for myself. After my colleagues went off to Changi Airport, i skipped to Keppel Bay to meet my SNGS pals + 1 fiance. LOL. Waahh.. never knew such a place existed. Actually, i STILL dunno where i was. Only that it was "some private island", according to Kun. Hmm... shall pour through my Street Directory at work tomorrow. Anyway, everyone seems to have plans for this group. One is getting married this year, one is getting married next year, and one is going away for studies next year. Chatted until 4am that day... was so tired. Haven't stayed up so late for a long time. Moonie 02 is losing her powers.

Yet i still had to wake up early the next day for bitching about RL with a 2nd batch of friends. Was supposed to be a brunch, but ended up as lunch + high tea instead since everyone was late, as expected (by everyone but Car of cos. LOLLL). And ohhh... how much we bitched and whined and laughed and Laughed and LAUGHED til i cried. Hahhaa..... oooh, i miss my girlfriends. I wish they are here with me in Tokyo. They made me forget all my nayami. THANK YOU SO MUCH GIRLS!!!! Can't wait to see you peeps again in Sept!!! =3333 Jas, rem that you said you will not be nursing a hangover next time ya?? Then it's home for dinner with my family, also a belated birthday dinner with my dad. Gosh.. his stomach got bigger again!! Gaahh.... he's so stubborn. =__=

Now i'm back to shuttling between Toshima-ku and Itabashi-ku, with a stupid report to write. Sigh... shall look forward to my trip with Fang this weekend.

And oh ya, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLYN!!!

snuffles at 10:29 PM 2 comments